Wednesday 2 March 2011

I once had a girl, or should I say, she once had me... | ノルウェイの森

On Tuesday 1st of March I went to a talk organised by Asia House with Norwegian Wood's director Tran Anh Hung (The Scent of Green Papaya, Cyclo) and the lead actress Rinko Kikuchi (Babel). It was a last minute decision to go there and what can I tell you - it was probably the best decision i've made in a while, since the talk was extremely interesting and educational.

Tran Anh Hung... well I've been a fan of his work for a while and now after meeting him, he made me realise some things that I probably wouldn't come to realising myself. So, after exchange of smiles and few words I had to thank him for my fast 'brain crash' course and also thank him for making Norwegian Wood happen. I know that some people out there thought sceptical about letting the legendary Japanese Novel to be put on screen by a non-Japanese guy. However, in my opinion, I cannot see anyone else who would fit that project better than him.

Norwegian Wood opens Pan-Asia Film Festival at BAFTA today and then takes off country wide on March 11th. おめでとう!

Based on Haruki Murakami's novel.
Director: Tran Anh Hung
Main Leads: Rinko Kikuchi, Kenichi Matsuyama, Kiko Mizuhara
Music Composer: Johnny Greenwood (Radiohead)



No comments: