Saturday 25 September 2010

Bits and Bobs and Typography | London.

First of all, it was London Design Festival last week. Sad but true, the industry is in financial shit-hole, I'm afraid. There were, of course, some good exhibition to check out. However, in comparison to the last year's festival, this one is just a slight disappointment. I would like to expect more from Frieze Art Fair in October.

Down to business. I'm always happy with Kemistry Gallery, because they love typography and you know I love typography. Typography is my better side really. Their recent exhibition is Gastrotypographicalassemblage - The Designs of Lou Dorfsman.


I am also always very happy with Magma, probably the only descent art & design book shop in London; and the only place to get magazines from, since Borders are gone. Now, I am not talking Heat or Nuts or what have you, I am talking 'superior' UK and International publications (on design, fashion and culture). Actually, that tiny news stand opposite Liberty is also pretty good, but let's just leave it at this.
Going back to typography... here are some really great books on the subject I found in Magma couple of days ago. I am including my quick overall description. For more detailed information please click on the book title. I wanted to include 3D Typography by Jeanette Abbink as well, but unfortunately I couldn't find good pictures to go with it.

Futuresque; image based typography or rather images with typographic solutions - pick whichever one you like.


Old school, three dimensional.



The title says Retro, Retro it is; very arty, very inspiring.

No comments: